If you doubt that once made UI design will be good enough for many years, then most likely you are right. In this article we will tell you what will happen with your app in case you have not redesigned it and why it is important to update the UI design regularly!
Why do you need to update UI design every 5 years?.
Let's begin with a question if you really need a UI design at all? You have a good, time-tested UX, familiar to users, it works and gives a good conversion.
Is it so important that the color of the button that the user clicks on to get information is no longer fashionable, and the background of the app does not look as cool as 5 years ago? Will your app with an old UI design be more attractive than a competitor’s one? Will the application redesign be user-friendly?
5 reasons why the user interface is important
Let's briefly recall why we generally make a beautiful design:
- “Always dress for success.“ Sophisticated or poorly designed app navigation can significantly increase your bounce rate.
- Great design - great business. Three user reactions are possible for each design: “Yes,” “No,” and “Wow.” The combination of all interface elements will cause one of them. It’s best for your business to have a “wow” response.
- Content needs formalization. Useful content is your best marketing tool. With it, you can influence the user. However, for a better perception, they need a stylish, modern and high-quality design.
- Convenient app search. Clear and consistent navigation is a basic requirement for the user interface. If it turns out to be difficult, most users will not want to waste their time to figure it out.
- Form and functionality are the foundation of everything! According to experts, the convenience and simplicity of the user interface = quality customer service.
Why UI Redesign Is Important For Marketing
So, maybe it's enough to make a quality design once and for ever? To answer this question, let's consider the reasons why the interface is redesigned.
- Website/application is the face of your company. According to it, the user judges your success. An outdated interface will adversely affect user confidence and push them to more modern competitor sites.
- Errors correction of the previous interface. This includes: optimizing graphics, simplifying navigation, etc, all of which significantly affect traffic.
- Introduction of new technologies and functionality. The field of app development is scaling rapidly, constantly providing new opportunities for retaining and attracting customers to your app. It is worth using them to keep up to date.
- Stand out among competing apps. Redesign allows you to separate from competitors and make your app more attractive compared to those who hold on to outdated interfaces.
- Increase in income. This item follows from the previous ones. The more effort you make to upgrade your UI, the more inbound traffic and, ultimately,the more profit you will receive.
In the world of rapidly changing technologies, people are forming new expectations of how the UI, which they consider to be convenient for them, should work. Therefore, it is important not only to justify their expectations, but to exceed them.
Additional advantages of regular UI updating:
- You will be aware of design trends and user expectations. To make a UI redesign, you will have to analyze your business and submit it online, you will better understand your target audience, its expectations and preferences.
- Reducing the cost of developing your application due to the fact that with the right approach all elements of the UI design will complement and strengthen each other.
- Logical and intuitive interface.
Studies by Forrester Research, an independent information technology research company, show that on average every dollar invested in design brings in $ 100 in profit.
How about good enough time-tested UX?
As practice shows, applications with outdated interfaces are not able to keep up with modern, vibrant, intuitive competitors. They no longer look attractive to new customers and gradually lose old ones. As a matter of fact, a guideline to time-tested UX and ignoring how user preferences change close the channel of influx of new customers to you.
How often do you need to update the UI?
The optimal UI update rate is 3-5 years. During this time, there are enough new developments to improve your app.
Important Note: Redesign does not mean that your app was unsuccessful. This only indicates that the app is modern enough to satisfy the current needs of a new client who is not familiar with your business.
If you decide to redesign the app or website, remember: it is better to turn to trusted professionals who will make your project better, and not vice versa.